The Community Restorative Centre (CRC) is a community based agency providing assistance to people affected by the criminal justice system.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Casual Outreach Support Worker:
- Casual position
- Terms and Conditions of employment as per Level 3 Pay Point 4 of the SCHADS Award 2010
- Rate of pay equivalent to SACS Award Grade 3 year 4 ($28.75 gross per hour includes 25% casual loading)
- Based in Bathurst
The Outreach Support Worker will provide Intensive outreach support to clients who have an Intellectual Disability, and, who are at high risk of re-offending living in the Bathurst/Orange area. The Outreach Support Worker will provide both pre and post release support to clients with the aim of increasing independence, encouraging and supporting self- determination, developing living skills, maximising social inclusion and reducing offending behaviours. Position is generally Monday to Sunday between 6am and 11pm; with occasional out-of-hours’ work to be performed as required.
- Minimum Cert IV in AOD, Mental Health or related community welfare area, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated casework experience with people who have complex needs including; homelessness, alcohol and other drug, mental health, and/or dual diagnosis
- Experience in the provision of Outreach Support to clients with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience working with clients who have an Intellectual Disability
- Understanding of issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Current Senior First Aid certificate, or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of the issues facing people involved in the criminal justice system
- Experience in working with housing providers
CRC is committed to achieving a diverse and culturally safe workforce, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from CALD backgrounds.
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria on a CRC Selection Criteria Form to be considered for this position.
For further information and Employment Package, please phone 02 9288 8700, or email email@example.com.
Mark applications to the attention of the HR Manager and either:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 02 9211 6518 or Post: CRC, PO Box 541, Broadway NSW 2007