The Community Restorative Centre (CRC) is a community based agency providing assistance to people affected by the criminal justice system.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Transition Worker:
- 38 hours per week
- Contract to 30th June 2018
- Terms and Conditions of employment as per Level 4 Pay Point 4 of the SCHADS Award 2010
- Rate of pay equivalent to SACS Award Grade 4 year 4 ($68,520 gross per annum plus salary packaging options)
- Position based in Broken Hill.
The Transition Worker will provide targeted transitional support for Indigenous Australians living in Broken Hill to assist in reducing the risk of homelessness and offending. The Transition Worker will focus on a range of issues affecting clients, such as AOD issues, Intellectual Disability, mental health issues and co-existing other health issues, with specific reference to Social Justice and Suicide Prevention. The Transition Worker will assist clients to integrate into the community by assisting with locating appropriate accommodation and the provision of support services with the aim of increasing independence, encouraging and supporting self-determination, developing living skills, maximising social inclusion and reducing offending behaviours. Casework services are conducted on an outreach basis. Position is generally Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm; with occasional out-of-hours’ work to be performed as required.
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience directly related to the provision of intensive support to people with complex needs including homelessness, AOD, Intellectual Disability, mental health issues, and/or dual diagnosis
- High level skills and experience in case coordination and case management
- Demonstrated experience working with people involved in the criminal justice system and demonstrated understanding of the barriers faced by people upon release from prison
- Demonstrated cultural competency and knowledge of issues relating to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander and CALD communities
- Sound knowledge and preferably established links to accommodation and support services in Broken Hill
- Experience in providing outreach casework support
- Demonstrated understanding of working within a trauma informed framework
- Good organisational skills and a systematic approach to tasks
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW Working With Children Check.
- Knowledge of current Child Protection issues and legislation.
Click HERE to read the Position Description for this role.
We are committed to achieving a diverse and culturally safe workforce, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from CALD backgrounds.
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria on a CRC Selection Criteria Form to be considered for this position.
Applications close COB Friday 24th November 2017.
Please send applications by one of the following methods:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- via fax to (02) 9211 6518
- or post to Community Restorative Centre, PO Box 541, Broadway NSW 2007
For further information please call 02 9288 8700 or email email@example.com.