The Community Restorative Centre (CRC) is a community based agency providing assistance to people affected by the criminal justice system.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Transitional Drug and Alcohol Worker:
- 38 hours per week
- Contract to 30th June 2018, with ongoing employment dependent on funding
- Terms and Conditions of employment as per Level 4 Pay Point 4 of the SCHADS Award 2010
- Rate of pay equivalent to SACS Award Grade 4 year 4 ($66,331 gross per annum plus super and generous salary packaging options)
- Based at Broadway
The Transitional Drug and Alcohol Worker will provide outreach drug and alcohol support and counselling to people leaving NSW Correctional Centres. The project will focus on the provision of AOD counselling, health promotion, support and referral to individuals for whom access to mainstream services remains difficult and /or inaccessible. Casework services are delivered on an outreach basis. Position is generally Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm; with occasional out-of-hours’ work to be performed as required.
- Relevant qualification(s) or significant experience in the provision of drug and alcohol counselling/ treatment to men and women with complex needs.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of drug and alcohol counselling/treatment to people with complex needs, including organisation names, dates, roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of harm minimisation, health promotion and the delivery of holistic, social and emotional wellbeing support.
- Demonstrated experience in providing flexible outreach, trauma-informed, person centred therapeutic support that meets the needs of clients with cognitive impairment, mental illness and/or other complex needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues facing people involved in the criminal justice system and the services available to support them.
- Ability to provide culturally secure therapeutic support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and clients from a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- Competence in maintaining thorough confidential client records and databases.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Legal right to work in Australia.
- Knowledge of current Child Protection legislation
- Understanding of the workings of Corrective Services NSW
View and download the Position Description.
We are committed to achieving a diverse and culturally safe workforce, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from CALD backgrounds.
Applications close by COB Friday 21st April 2017.
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria on a CRC Selection Criteria Form to be considered for this position. Download the CRC Selection Criteria Form.
For further information and Employment Package, please call 02 9288 8700 or email email@example.com
Mark applications to the attention of the HR Manager and either:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 02 9211 6518
- or Post: CRC, PO Box 541, Broadway NSW 2007