The Community Restorative Centre (CRC) is a community based agency that has been delivering services to people affected by the criminal justice system for 65 years. We believe a strong team that feels valued and supported is best equipped to work effectively with clients, so we work hard to create an environment that encourages professional development and respect.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Aboriginal-Identified Case Worker to work with women affected by the criminal justice system. The position is based on:
- Full time (38 hours per week)
- Salary as per SACS Award Grade 4 year 4 – $68,520 gross per annum + super + generous salary packaging
- Terms and Conditions of employment as per Level 4 Pay Point 4 of the SCHADS Award 2010
- Contract to 30th June 2019, with ongoing employment dependent on funding
- Positions based in Chippendale
- Casework services delivered on a centre and outreach basis requiring travel across Sydney Metro and Greater Western Sydney
- Hours generally Monday to Friday with some flexibility between 8am and 6pm, and occasional out-of-hours work to be performed as required.
The position will provide a broad range of casework services for women leaving prison or at risk of imprisonment who are themselves survivors of violence and at risk of returning to violent situations. The Case Worker will work with women in the Miranda Centre as well as women in the community on an outreach basis.\
- Aboriginality and female.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in working with women involved in the criminal justice system, and knowledge of the complex issues and barriers faced by women upon release.
- Knowledge of the issues facing Aboriginal women in the criminal justice system and / or experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Understanding of feminist practice and trauma informed care in working with women in the criminal justice system who are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing domestic or family violence.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including competence using Microsoft Office, databases and administrative skills.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Current NSW Working With Children Check.
Click HERE to read the Position Description for this role.
CRC considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for these positions as specified under section 31h of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
CRC considers being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification as specified under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria on this CRC Selection Criteria Form to be considered for this position and include a CV.
Please send applications by one of the following methods:
- via email to email@example.com
- via fax to (02) 9211 6518
- or post to Community Restorative Centre, PO Box 541, Broadway NSW 2007
For further information please call 02 9288 8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.