Women’s Transitional and Post-Release Service

The Women’s Transitional and Post-Release service works with women on release from prison who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and looking to live in the Sydney Metropolitan Region and South Western Sydney. Transitional workers offer pre-release support and planning, and short, medium and long-term intensive holistic case management (including assistance with housing).

This project primarily receives referrals from NSW Women’s Correctional Centres, but is also able to take referrals from individuals, the community sector, and relevant government organisations. This project operates in partnership with B Miles, Detour House, and Women’s Housing Company, and is funded through FACS Going Home Staying Home.

Those wishing to be referred to our service should contact a Services and Programs Officer (SAPO) or Parole Officer within their facility.

Staff wishing to make a referral are required to complete a Sydney Transition Program Referral Form, which must then be emailed to sydney.transition@crcnsw.org.au to be considered for assessment.

For more information please call CRC on (02) 9288 8700 or contact us.